This Privacy Notice describes the manner in which National Cycling League, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, the “NCL,” “we,” “our,” “us”) use Personal Information in operating our websites, our mobile and other apps, and any other online service that displays or provides an authorized link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Services”).
As used in this Notice, “Personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, de-identified or aggregated information, or information covered by certain federal and state laws.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at [email protected] using the subject line “Privacy.”
Personal Information the NCL Collects and Receives.
We collect and receive the following types of Personal Information:
Personal Information You Provide to the NCL Directly. We receive the Personal Information you choose to provide when using our Services.
- For example, in connection with certain uses of our Services, such as when you register for our Services, sign up to receive electronic or other marketing communications, sign up to learn more about our upcoming events, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or communicate with customer service, you may be asked to provide information about yourself including your first and last name, mailing address, phone number, email address, mobile phone number and/or information about your use of our Services.
- Our service providers may also collect payment card information from you when you make a purchase. We do not retain any payment card information.
Personal Information the NCL Collects or Receives When You Use Our Services. We also may automatically collect or receive Personal Information when you use our Services. We collect some of this Personal Information using cookies and other technologies. This Personal Information that we collect may be combined with Personal Information that you provide us directly in order to personalize content and advertising based on your interests. Depending on how you access and use our Services, we may receive:
Log information. It may include, for example:
- Information about your interactions with our Services, including the content you view, the amount of time spent on our Services, the date on which you accessed our Services, and information in cookies and similar technologies; and
- Information about how you access our Services, including your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the websites you visit before and after visiting our Services.
Device information. We collect and store information concerning the device you use when you access our Services. (Note that by “device,” we mean any equipment or technology you use to access our Services.) Device information may include, for example:
- The type of device you are using (e.g., your particular brand of phone or tablet);
- Certain device identifiers which may be unique to your device;
- Your Internet service provider; and
- Depending on your permissions, content you have stored on your device (e.g., contacts stored on your phone).
- Location information. We collect this information to provide you with our services and to better tailor our services to you depending on your geographical region.
- Log information. It may include, for example:
How the NCL Uses Personal Information.
We use the Personal Information we collect and receive for the following purposes:
To provide our Services. We use Personal Information to provide you with the Services you use or request. For example, we use this Personal Information to:
- Create accounts;
- Process transactions;
- Provide technical support and respond to user inquiries;
- Send you electronic and other marketing communications that may be tailored to your preferences and interests;
- Notify you about updates to our Services or send other communications that are relevant to your use of our Services; and
- Enhance our ability to detect and prevent fraud and potentially illegal activities in connection with our Services.
To improve our operation and Services. We also use Personal Information to provide content you may find relevant and interesting and to maintain and upgrade our operations and our Services. For example, we may use this Personal Information to:
- Solicit input and feedback about our Services;
- Identify and address technical issues on our Services; and
- Customize your experiences based on location information or your online activities, including the content you view, or purchase, other Services of ours you use, and other information we collect and receive.
To provide advertising and marketing. We also use Personal Information to provide ads for our Services and certain third-party services, and to send you promotional communications. For example, we may use this Personal Information:
- To show you ads (on and off our Services, including on third-party social media services) based on location information or your online activities, including the content you view, the products you bid on or purchase, the other Services of ours that you use, and other Personal Information we collect and receive; and
- To send you electronic and other marketing messages about the NCL or third-party business partners of the NCL that may be tailored to your preferences and interests. (Please see below the “Your Choices” section in connection with promotional messages.)
- To comply with our legal obligations and defend legal claims. We may use Personal Information if we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to legal claims, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others
We also may use the Personal Information we collect and receive for other purposes that may be described to you at the point of collection or for which you provide your consent.
How We Disclose Personal Information.
We may disclose Personal Information with third parties when we have your consent or as described below:
- Our affiliates. We may share Personal Information with “affiliates”, a term that includes our parent and subsidiary companies, joint venture partners, or other companies we control, are controlled by, or with which we are under common control.
- Our service providers. We may provide Personal Information to service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf. For example, we may rely on service providers to host our Services and data, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses or advertising services, collect location data, provide location-based services, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us. We contractually require service providers acting on our behalf to take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information and to not use Personal Information for any purpose other than that for which it was given to the service provider.
- Business partners. When you consent to receive news and offers from them, we may share information about you with select business partners, such as our sponsors, retailers, and broadcast partners, so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials and information that may be of interest to you.
Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to protect us or our Services. We or our service providers may disclose your Personal Information -- including the contents of your communications -- to other parties when required or permitted by applicable law, such as when we have a good faith belief that:
- Doing so is necessary to respond to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- The Personal Information is relevant to a crime that has been or is being committed;
- An emergency exists that poses a threat to your safety or the safety of another person or persons; or
- Doing so is necessary to protect our rights or property.
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that the ownership of the NCL (or any portion of our assets) changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other corporate change, your information may be transferred to another entity.
- To Third-Party Analytics Companies. We use selected third parties to collect data about how you interact with our Services. This information may be used to, among other things, improve the functionality of our website and services.
- Social networking services (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google), which enable you to log in to certain of our Services, to comment on content available on our Services, and to share things you find on our Services with your social network; and
- Advertising providers, which help us and our advertisers provide ads (on our Services or elsewhere online) that may be tailored to users’ interests and understand users’ response to those ads
- Data that is Not Personal Information. We may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data from the Personal Information we collect, including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. We may use such aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Services and promote our business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.
Our website uses Google Analytics to help us analyze how users use the website and target users with appropriate advertisements. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google. Read about Google’s privacy practices.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provides information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Services. To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Web Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
“Do Not Track” signals are used by some web browsers to attempt to limit tracking related to your visits to a website. Not all browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option and “Do Not Track” signals are not yet uniform. To the extent that your browser broadcasts a “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not recognize “Do Not Track” signals.
You have a number of choices about how we handle Personal Information we collect and receive about you.
- Email. You may opt out of receiving future promotional email communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of promotional email communications. Please note that we may continue to send you transactional or service-related emails regarding your account.
- Voice Calls, Texts and SMS Messages: You may have the opportunity to receive occasional voice, text and SMS messages from us to receive updates on our products and services, or about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. Message frequency will vary. By providing your phone number and opting in to receive text messages, you expressly consent to receive these communications, including automated text messages to the phone number that you provide. Consent to receiving text messages is not required in order to receive products or services from us. Message and data rates may apply, and your carrier’s rates will apply. You can opt out of receiving future text messages or receive help by following the directions in the text message you receive. As we are located in the United States, international rates may apply depending on your location. We may disclose your mobile phone number to service providers with whom we contract in order to send you automated text messages, but we will not disclose your mobile phone number to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your express consent. Opting out of calls, texts and SMS messages does not mean we will not contact you about your account.
- Location Information. If you use location-enabled services or applications covered by this Privacy Notice, you may be provided with an opportunity to opt out of having your location information collected and/or used for certain purposes. However, if you exercise such an opt-out option you may not be able to enjoy all of the functionalities offered by those services or applications. You also may be able to limit the collection of your location information through the settings on your device.
Security and Retention
We have implemented physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Information that we collect and how we are processing that data. Although we work to protect the security of your data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the internet or storing data is completely secure.
We retain Personal Information about you for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information about children under sixteen (16) years of age; if you are a child under the age of 16, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Services or send us any Personal Information. If we learn we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16 years of age, we will delete that information. If you believe that a child under 16 years of age may have provided Personal Information to us, please contact us at [email protected].
Third Party Links.
State Law Privacy Rights.
California Resident Rights: Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. However, please be aware that we do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We are not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Nevada Resident Rights: If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name. Please note, however, that we do not sell Personal Information.
International Transfers of Personal Information.
The NCL’s headquarters is in the United States, and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, your information will be transferred to, maintained, and processed by the NCL, its affiliates, and our operational partners and service providers in the United States. Please note that U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence and such information may be subject to lawful access by U.S. courts, law enforcement, and governmental authorities. By using our Services or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to, in, and out of the United States.
Changes to this Privacy Notice.
We’re constantly trying to improve our Services, so we may need to change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, to the extent required by applicable law, we will take reasonable steps to try to notify you of the changes.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us noting “Privacy” for the subject line or any email or write to us at:
National Cycling League, Inc.
3350 Virginia St., 2nd Floor
Miami, FL 33133